Simulation of glass forming with FORGE®
Glass containers are produced based on 2 major processes, blow-blow process and press-blow process. FORGE® addresses these 2 processes.
Simulations of glass forming with FORGE®
FORGE® provides an accurate prediction of:
- The thickness in the final stage at any point of the glass container,
- Local defects including necking defects,
- The temperature distribution at any time of the process,
- The optimal pressure cycle to apply.
- Accurate temperature calculation with dedicated numerical methods and integration scheme as well as coupled thermal resolution with all the dies thanks to appropriate and smart contact procedure,
- Dedicated model for glass (Fulcher) with available data and possibility to use end-user own tabulated curves,
- Dedicated meshing technique to finely capture temperature gradient in the thickness without impacting the CPU time