Simulation of machining with FORGE®
The FORGE® software can be used to simulate machining. Examples of milling and piercing are presented here. The simulation makes it possible to predict local heating and the shape of the chips according to the machining parameters (cutting speed, feed rate, rotation speed…).
Milling simulation with creation of chips with FORGE®
- The built-in effective and robust remesher
- Modeling of the self-contact
- Taking the damage and rupture into account
- The behavior law for the material defined in a wide range of temperatures
- Predicting residual stresses.
Complete drilling simulation of a 5mm thick plate