Simulation of induction heating with SIMHEAT®
Heating by induction can be analyzed with SIMHEAT® simulation software. This allows determining the optimal process parameters (for example frequency, operation time), as well as the accurate temperature distribution in the initial billet, the equivalent strain distribution (especially in the head and tail of the billet) due to temperature gradient more.
Temperature distribution in 3 standard steel billets headed into a 46 tum coil-box considered is a single turn coil.
Benefits of Predictive simulation
SIMHEAT® allows the prediction of:
- The temperature distribution in the billet
- The deformation of the billet due to the temperature gradient (particularly at the two ends of the billet)
Competitive features of SIMHEAT®
- Genuine electro-magnetism resolution predicting finely the heating distribution
- Innovative, dedicated and easy-to-use meshing technology for multi body electro-magnetism resolution.
- Both static and dynamic induction heating with relative movements between the component and the inductor is handled.
- Austenitization as well as grain growth can be considered during the heating phase.
- With a unique software, induction heating of the initial billet or component as well as forming operations can be simulated.
Case study - VALIDATE THE INDUCTION HARDENING SIMULATION PROCESS
NTN-SNR uses the FORGE® software (which includes the SIMHEAT® module) to simulate the induction hardening process used in manufacturing bearing rings.